Sunday, August 27, 2006

Saturday Night Film Review

By Saturday, I mean yesterday. Went and saw "Snakes on a Plane" at Jam Factory.

"Muthafucking snakes on a muthafucking plane". Hah. Samuel L. Jackson sums it up beautifully. Not much to add, really. About as stupid as you'd expect it to be. I laughed when Mr. Jackson described the situation as "snakes on crack". And believe me, the snakes behave like they are on crack, ecstasy and steroids. They are angry. There is a lot of screaming. There are a lot of snake bites. There are a lot of victims. Most of the victims get bitten in the obligatory stupid ways and places. And the Aussie guy playing the witness who is the actual target of the snakes is pretty dopey. Scrub that, very dopey. Would have been more annoying if he'd actually been on the screen more. Unfortunately, Sam Jackson doesn't kick quite as much ass or take quite as many names as you'd hope. (I read something that his contract stated he was never allowed to actually be anywhere near a live snake throughout the entire filming of the movie).

And if someone can explain the "music video" during the credits to me, I'd appreciate it. That was just odd.

No comments: