Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Grand Gameshow Adventure

I have an extraordinary amount of useless information in my head... this does not make me a gun at Trivial Pursuit for some reason though (I have too many other friends who, I have learnt the hard way, are very talented in this department). But it does make me great at answering useless random questions (generally when they somehow reference the useless information in my head).

I am thoroughly convinced that my inability to remember even the basics of my university degree can be solely attributed to the osmosis of random pop culture trash into my brain.

I am hoping that I can translate that garbage in my brain into worthwhile cash and prizes though... it might seem cheesy or amusing, but I am currently waiting for a call-up to Temptation, a revamped version of the quiz show Sale of the Century. I passed the audition with flying colours (a 50 question general knowledge barrage) and threw in a few amusing anecdotes to get the producers to remember me. Now hurry up and call my name!

Am I nervous?

Not really.

Why not?

Well, mainly because of one of the anecdotes that I shared with the producers of Temptation... that I've already been on TV before. On another game show. I'm an experienced campaigner now. (Hah! Yeah, right).

That other game show was Deal Or No Deal. However, I probably didn't manage the most successful performance ever seen on that show. I like to think that I was smart and skillful enough to win out on the general knowledge aspect of the show, but unlucky enough to lose on the random chance portion. Unfortunately, you get the money in the random chance portion of the show.

I won't explain the rules of the show... if you haven't seen it, you probably won't quite understand it. Suffice to say, you can win anywhere between $200,000 and 50c. Care to hazard a guess at my performance?

$1.

Top work, tiger.

I even have the giant plastic novelty cheque, to the value of $1. I think the plastic itself is worth more than what I won. (They even sent me a real cheque... to the value of $1).

So... Temptation producers... please call. Invite me on.
So... Gods of game shows... please smile on me. Give me questions on the useless facts in my brain.

I need at least some sort of cash and/or prize (preferably much of both) to ensure my grand gameshow adventure doesn't end as a bogus journey.

No comments: