Saturday, June 17, 2006

Learning Some More Things...

Ah, such creativity and eloquence. The English language can be a beautiful thing.

Huh?

So anyway, the story of my ankle continues. After my experience at the trauma outpatient clinic, where my ankle was simply diagnosed as "hurt" and "rolled", I attended my first physiotherapy rehabiliatation session.

The good...
The physio was relatively on time and friendly.
The bad...
After I took off my compression sock and showed the work of art to the physio, she kinda went "oooh" and "aaah" and "that's a nasty one, isn't it". That wasn't looking so promising.

Turns out the physiotherapy department was so sure I hadn't fractured my ankle... after the fracture clinic had decided that my ankle wasn't fractured. Thanks folks. Long story short... you know those TV and movie scenes where hospital patients have every doctor in the hospital come and do an examination because the attending doctor can't quite diagnose the condition of the patient? Hah. Transfer to the physio department and insert me as the patient...

So finally, it was decided that nothing bone-related in my ankle was broken, fractured, shattered or anything else. It was just that everything else was fucked up.

Result? On crutches, with a removable big grey boot and a compression sock for company. Still can't stand on it. Definitely can't walk on it. The recovery slowly continues...

No comments: