Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Things I Have Learnt...

I haven't fractured my ankle.
GOOD.

I've torn ligaments in my ankle.
BAD.

Apparently it'll be 6-12 weeks before I can engage in running in competitive sports. Several months of being a couch potato? I can live with that... but I'm not sure my waist will be grateful.

So what's the treatment? Elevating the ankle, wearing a compression sock, and getting into rehabilitation at the physiotherapist. I presume the physio will start by making me stand on the ankle. I won't want to do that, mainly because it hurts. But also because I can't, yet. Did I mention it hurts? Yep. It does. How exactly? After a relaxing session with my ankle on cushions, any movement such as standing or crutch-walking ends up sending spikes of pain through my ankle and lower leg. I thought up a great analogy the other day for this experience... like having barbed wire dragged through the veins in your foot.

BAD.

I'm going to work harder to actually publish to this site. I've created it now, may as well join the show with enthusiasm...

No comments: