Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Culinary capers at the birthday bonanza

Can't believe it's been a week and half since birthday weekend, and I still haven't had the chance to write anything. Well, unfortunately, I won't be adding much more today.

My two major birthday meals this year were at Circa and Taxi. If you're gonna do it, may as well do it in style...

Did the degustation menu at Circa with matched wines (one of the most decadent, delicious and memorable meals I've had), while Taxi was (only!) the standard 3 course binge.

Descriptions of food and experiences to follow when I get the chance...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been to Libertine? I'm having their degustation this week (maybe with wines). Can't wait.

Also had a brilliant meal at the Lake House in Daylesford yesterday. Hooray for fine dining.

Anonymous said...

Yes, we went to Libertine late last year. Quite good, very hearty cold weather French food. Suits the current weather.

Didn't know they did a degustation menu, would be curious to hear about it.