Sunday, April 22, 2007

Spanish feast

Prior to one of my recent comedy festival outings, I had dinner at MoVida. I've come to the conclusion that MoVida is one of my favourite restaurants in Melbourne... the food is fantastic, the location is great and the service is always good.

Mmmm, Spanish food. I always love the opportunity to try multiple dishes and flavours in one meal, although truth be told, I tend to gravitate back towards favourites. In particular, "Bistec tartar de wagyu", which is the spicy steak tartare. This dish is phenomenal, peppery and full of flavour. The only tartare I've had that rivals this dish was from Cafe Claude, SF. Nowhere else has ever managed the flavour that MoVida manages to put into this dish.

The poor man's potatoes and the capsicum and tomato salad were some of our side dishes (our reliable regular choices as well). And for dessert... seriously, how can you ever pass up churros? A dish that combines chocolate AND donuts? Works for me.

It was almost a pity that we had to be out by 8pm ahead of the next sitting (and our comedy show)... but I think if I sat there for too long, I'd eat my way through the menu, and end up as a penniless lump of Spanish goodness.

No comments: