Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year's revolution

The universe and I obviously still have some unresolved issues to deal with.

After a pretty shocking second half of 2006 (in particular health-wise), I figured things could only get better for 2007. Ha, yeah right.

Things were looking up on Saturday; I managed to win fourth division in Tattslotto (although, obviously, I would have loved first division!), and I thought my year might end on a high.

By Sunday, things were rapidly heading downhill; splitting headache, hot/cold shivers and all the rest. So my New Years Eve was spent huddled on the couch, cursing the universe, rather than out partying. I hoped I might have perked up a bit by New Years Day, but no, I was feeling even worse. Back aches, stiff joints, burning eyes. So my New Years Day was spent huddled on the couch, cursing the universe, rather than out at the Hanging Rock races.

Worst New Year ever.

Anyone have a good New Year? Anyone make any interesting NY resolutions? No resolutions here, just a hope that 2007 improves...

1 comment:

Bonnie Conquest said...

Resolutions are for schmucks.
Have a great year - spend your winnings wisely, heh heh.