Sunday, November 12, 2006

Is this a food blog?

Once again, I find myself writing about food... this is definitely becoming a theme.

I just got back from lunch at the Botanical; a nice, casual pre-Christmas catch-up Sunday lunch with a few old work friends. The food was great, I'm not entirely sure I'll need dinner tonight! I decided to limit myself a little bit, and so I only indulged in entree and main (no dessert, although I was definitely tempted). I started with the smoked spiced salt and pepper calamari with roasted almond aioli - soft, tasty calamari with a nice smoky tang to it. For mains, I succumbed to the temptation of the wagyu beef, and had the Botanical wagyu burger with fried duck egg and crispy pancetta. Even my much-vaunted burger eating technicque couldn't handle the burger stack, and I had to deconstruct it with knife and fork. The burger itself was delicious, while the accompaniments (rocket, egg, pancetta, dressing etc.) worked really well.

This is turning out to be a heavy (literally) duty festive season already, and it isn't even December yet.

No comments: