Sunday, October 15, 2006

The other side

I might be a little quiet on the posting front over the next few days or weeks. Not that I've been heavy on the blogging recently anyway.

I go in for surgery on Tuesday, and although it is only a day procedure, I have a 2 week recovery period. I might be fine pretty quickly, and in that case I'll have plenty of non-work hours to update here. Or, I might be doped up on prescriptions meds, while my head reminds me where it all hurts; in tha case, I'll probably not be a regular visitor here.

I'm not sure if I've ever been under a general anaesthetic before... maybe, when I was little. I was a bit of a magnet for illness and injury back then as well. Kinda like this year. I really hope I don't discover some sort of unknown reaction to anaesthetic. and I hope the surgeon knows what he is doing. I don't really get all that nervous about many things... but I value the integrity of my skull, and the contents inside, so I hope there aren't any operating room mistakes. Positive thoughts, positive thoughts...

Until next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are having a rough year, I think it's time to rename your blog to '27 pieces of good fortune', stat.

Hope you surgery goes ok... don't worry about the general, it's not so scary when it happens. Waking up from a general is kind of a bitch, but it beats being awake during surgery, eh?