Tuesday, July 17, 2007

There goes the neighbourhood

I've been pretty quiet here recently, partially due to work, but mainly due to the social black hole that is Facebook (well, Facebook and my usual assortment of geek-related sites that I trawl).

I like to think of Facebook as Myspace for people who can spell good. I'll never rack up three figures in friends, and I'll probably always have pretty boring status updates, but it is really nice to re-connect with old friends, even if only to say "hey, I still exist".

And from the point of view of someone who spends at least part of his day pretending to understand basic IT stuff, Facebook functionality is beautifully integrated and streamlined. And doesn't have ridiculous backgrounds.


In other news, my next post is number 100. Ha, what an awesomely pointless milestone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And certain individuals invite you to play poker on Facebook, thereby consuming even greater amounts of productive time in trivial pursuits.

A-Man said...

How awesome would that be... Facebook Trivial Pursuit!

I got that poker invite as well, but I couldn't figure out how it all works, so haven't bothered trying, I just apparently have 100 free chips.

Anonymous said...

Donations gratefully accepted.

Ann ODyne said...

one of my regular blogpals has disappeared from his blog since he discovered Scrabble on facebook.

Congrats on your century milestone and your Good taste toga.