Sunday, March 11, 2007

Caught by the fuzz

Went and saw an advanced screening of "Hot Fuzz" last night, the new buddy-cop film by the guys who did "Shaun of the Dead". Short answer - this film is great. Absurdly over-the-top action, a great sense of English comic timing, and a beautiful understanding of action film cliches. Haven't laughed this hard at a movie in quite a while.
I noticed in the paper this morning that the director and two main stars are at ACMI at Fed Square tonight for a Q&A together with a screening - I reckon that would be a riot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, it was awesome. It's easily the best cop film ever (mostly because I don't like cop films all that much). I laughed like an idiot through the whole thing.

The Q&A with Edgar, Simon and Nick was pretty good - they all sounded jetlagged (especially Nick, who Edgar had to prod at times to keep him awake) but they were enthusiastic about it and very funny.

Oh man, that film was gold. I have a mental image of the scene where Danny and Nicholas are chasing the baddies in a 'high speed pursuit with firearms' and Danny is leaning out the driver's window shooting at them, whilst also yelling 'Bang! Bang! Bang!'

(Also, hello. I assume you are away at the moment. I have been unforgiveably slack but we WILL catch up when you're back.)

A-Man said...

Hello!! She lives! :)

Back in town now, so give me a yell, let's sort something out.

How can they top Hot Fuzz? It was pretty spot on...