Sunday, October 01, 2006

Observations on my weekend

I had a good weekend. Didn't do much, but I'm feeling quite relaxed as Sunday night winds up and I have to start thinking about Monday. And work.

Some observations I've made over the past few days:
- I seem to publish most of my blog posts on weekends, especially Sundays. Perhaps I like to extend the weekend by reminiscing about the previous week.
- I like my food. Japanese on Thursday night, Vietnamese on Friday night, Thai on Saturday afternoon, Greek on Sunday night.
- I dislike football crowds. Admittedly, Richmond on grand final day is always going to be a nightmare but... I spotted the first drunk-guy-pissing-up-against-a-tree BEFORE the game even started. However, it did take until after the game to hear my first broken bottle. (As an aside, I saw more bottles in the street than people when I went to buy the Sunday paper this morning).
- Lunch at Cookie is a great way to spend a quiet, sunny Saturday afternoon.
- Picnic at the Botanical Gardens is a great way to spend a windy, sunny Sunday afternoon.
- Most importantly, killing all the zombies hordes in "Dead Rising" (see my post below) was incredibly satisfying.

I got nothing else.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank god the stupid football season is finally over. Augh.

A-Man said...

Agreed.

Although to be fair, I probably expect the same sort of behaviour from cricket crowds at the Boxing Day test. But at least that is only a few days in a year, as opposed to every weekend.

'Door said...

Those weekly footy crowds are shocking at the 'G. Which clubs play there again? That's right, Collingwood and Richmond. Figures!!!

Greek was good on sunday night.